Sunday, November 4, 2012

Visiting Aldi's

Just about a year ago, an Aldi's grocery store was built in a town twenty minutes from our house. I had heard a lot of great things about the store. But I had also heard a few things that had kind of intimidated me. So I had not checked it out yet.

Well about 2 - 3 weeks ago, my husband and I decided to stop by there and check it out. Wow! I was so thrilled that we did. We found some really good deals. And it wasn't as weird as I had been afraid that it would be.

We were lucky to already have 3 nice fabric shopping bags. So we did not have to even buy any bags. So you have to put a quarter in a little slot in order to release a chain to release the basket. When you are done with your shopping trip - just return your basket and plug it into the row of baskets and as you do this- your quarter will pop back out to you.

Ok - so at this point you have your basket. I put my bags up with my purse. Then we began to shop. I was thrilled so many good deals.

Then we got into line to check out. We unloaded our things onto the conveyor belt. The checker was very quick and basically just placed our items back into a basket. All along the wall towards to doors to leave there is a long shelf. And down a ways was another shelving area-next to this shelf they had a large container that has some boxes - that their stuff had been in. These boxes are for the customers to use to pack their stuff in.

Ok - So once your items have been paid for and are in your basket - you take your basket over to an empty shelf space in order to load your groceries into either the bags you have brought the boxes. OR you have the chance to purchase bags to use- they are 6 and 10 cents each. The ten cent bags are the plastic ones. The bags are below the conveyor belt.  Oh I have also seen people push the basket out to their cars and unloaded the stuff that way.

It's all pretty simple. I was very happy with the whole process. And we have actually been back about 2-3 times since then. It is well worth checking them out.

I thought I would share a post just in case some of you live near and Aldi's and are a bit intimidated to check it out. Like I said before - it is well worth checking out.

3 comments:

  1. Just went to Aldi's yesterday, and they had their frozen corn on sale for .65 cents--down from their normal price of .89 cents. I love Aldi's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check that out. I tell you what - I am SO glad I checked this store out. I can see this store being a first stop - when getting my groceries.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We go to Aldi's for some things and Lidl (the same sort of store) for some things as well. I love to save us money. Today we went to Lidl and found they have opened up a bakery so we bought fresh baked bread on the cheap!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision