Sunday, February 5, 2023

Postponed but Working on a Plan


I have spent a good amount of time over the last month or so getting ready for the new gardening season. But I still had plenty of things to work on this week, while we had bad weather. 

When I went through my seed packets and used my post-it notes to write the dates to plant on them- there were a good number of them that suggested January 28th. So my plan had been to start seeds on Sunday, but when the cold front came through early and it was already 30 degrees outside on Sunday I soon realized it would be dumb to start plants at that time. It would mean I would have to run a space heater in our sunroom and with our electric bill already running almost double what he has been running - I knew it would be a bad idea to add on top of all our other usage- running space heater as well. 

So during our major ice event. Yes  - we had a couple of inches of ice in places. It looked like it could be snow- but we did not get snow, we got ICE! A lot of ice! Anyway so some of my extra time during this weather event- I sat down in my sewing room and I worked on planning out my garden. I already know what all I want to plant, I just needed to figure out where I would going to put everything. 

I have kind of hit a brick wall - I think it is because there are several things that I plan to plant but I have not received the seeds yet. And I know I should just move forward with plan but I guess I just want to make sure that I actually get those seeds before I set my plan totally up. 

It feels good to have this much of my plan set up and I can not wait to get some seeds planted. There is one of the varieties of Kale that I ordered  - Dazzling Blue Kale from Baker Creek that I am still waiting on. And it is one of the things that I need to get started. Hopefully that order will arrive soon so I can get things planted. If not I will just have to move forward and then just start that kale when it comes in. At least I have a plan. 

Working on planning your garden like what you will grow and where you will grow what are great things to do during yucky weather. It helps distract and gives you hope for sunny days to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity