Thursday, February 9, 2023

Might or Might Not Be....

 Hello! Just had a little bit of free time and thought I would do a bit of a catch up post. Things have been busy around here. We have a lot to do and the weather has NOT been being helpful at all. Today we had about an inch of rain. We really do need the rain - really bad in fact- but we have work that needs to be done and we have deadline. 

So our baby chicks are suppose to be hatched on Monday or there abouts. And then will be shipped to us and will take 2 -3 days to get here. It is SO up in the air of when we will get them. So we have to hold our plans loosely.  But we still have ALOT to do to get the coop and everything ready for them. Our sneak attach of the ice storm last week did not help at all. That took quite a bit of the time we had planned to work on our coop. Slowly we have made progress.

If it were up to me alone- we would have the coop done and everything ready for the babies. But it looks like we will be cutting it close. And there is so much to do to prepare for them. Plus I am nervous about adding all of that work on top of everything else. Taking care of the grandbaby 3 days a week has already added so much. Then Last week end I started my first set of seeds and then Tuesday I started the 2nd set of sees. I already have little seedlings coming up from the first planting!! So exciting. I can not wait to share more about that with you. I have regular basil, opal basil, Mizuna Beni Houshi (this is my first year to try these seeds- they are from Baker Creek- and were actually a packet of free seeds that I  received with a seed order last year.) I also got a free packet of Cabbage - Nero Di Toscana - I plan to start those for the first time this year- probably in the next week. I love growing plants - but it is whole lot of things to do added to my already busy schedule. And then the baby chicks - they take quite a bit of work as well. A lot of enjoyment, but a lot of work. 

So I might or might now be feeling quite a bit of pressure. But hey- it will all work out. I will just have to take it all day by day. The best way to deal with life.

I am feeling a bit discouraged because my husband has been able to do home basing since 2020 because of Covid. And it looks like Friday will be his last day. It does not help that he works 49 miles away!! And that the price of gas being anywhere from $2.90-$3.29 around here right now. So this will be quite a bit of money out just in gas. And of course, I am sure you all are feeling the crunch of alot your bills increasing. Everything I turn around another one goes up. Anyway please pray that maybe a miracle will happen and that he will be able to contiue to home base- some workers are still being able to. We live outside of the amount of miles from work that they have- but he lived within that area until that work location closed and he was moved - and then moved again - each time a little further and a little further- till he is now 49 miles away. Thank you for taking this issue to the Lord in prayers. 

Well I better get off of here and get a few thing done. I do hope you all are doing well, staying warm, and healthy. :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity