Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Need Help in Setting Up a Seed Starting System?

Good Morning! Today I want to share a great video about a great seed starting system! Ever since my sister shared this video with me, I have wanted to share it with you guys. It is really a great system and really helps in the planning stages of gardening. And since we are having some icy weather -I decided to get this set up to share with you just in case you are stuck at home like I am. 

The good news is there are still things we can do to prepare for the upcoming gardening season!!! Since I have not been able to start any of my seed yet - because of the extreme cold weather right now, I have been working on getting important information together. I have a notebook that I am gathering information I will need - all in one place. I have the name of seeds, when to plant, depth, spacing apart, transplant date, container size, and how many seeds I want to plant of each item. All this information is important and when it come time to plant this first round of seeds, hopefully within the next week, I will have easy access to all this important information. 

Thankfully over the weekend when the weather was much warmer - I was able to get out and measure all of my garden beds. I will be transferring this information onto my master copies of the layout of the garden so that each year when I am in the planning process I will be able to easily figure up how many plants will fit in each bed, depending on what I am planting in the garden boxes.

Last week end I also got my green stalk planter set up. I will be giving this one more year before I totally give up on it. I am hoping that I had just used the wrong type of soil for them and with this issue fixed- I am hoping for success. I plan to plant my different lettuces in it and a row of arugula. It will be interesting to see how it does. In the past I have been very disappointed in it, but maybe it was user error. We shall see. 

I do hope you all are staying warm and safe. Here is a little video to help you pass the time and learn some helpful information for helping you get your garden planned. 
Enjoy! :O) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity