Friday, February 3, 2023

Learn from our experience.... please

 If you have spent anytime watching preppers youtube channels- you are aware of all the tactics that they use to try to get your attention to watch their videos. And I know that many people shy away from that kind of thing. I do not like those types of videos either. But what I do know is that it is best to be prepared than to find yourself without the things you need and no way to get them. 

Today I want to share an experience that helps reinforce the importance of being prepared. Last week - my main focus was on the 4 appointments that my husband and I had coming up on Monday and Tuesday. Oh and throw in the mix a mri of the brain - which by the way - thankfully was normal. And I did not get the message that this week we would be in the middle of an ice storm. I wonder if it got past me or if the weather people did not realize it would be this bad... I don't know... what ever the case here we are. On Monday, thankfully we were able to get at least 2 of our important appointments taken care of and got home safely. We have not left the house since then. I had not intentionally prepared for an ice storm - but thankfully we have had mostly everything we would need or a way to work around it. Thankfully I even had bandages, gauze and medical tape to help my husbands 2 infected in grown toe nails that had to be cut out on money. This I am very thankful for. 

Had I not learned with 2020 the importance of having what you need and extras if possible - we might have been up a creek over the last several days. Oh and I have seen on Facebook where people have talked about going to store to get groceries because they were running out of food and guess what? Many stores don't have basics that are needed. I am guessing we will probably be smartest to wait till Sunday or Monday to go get groceries if possible. It would be better to wait and have the possibilities of getting more of what we need then to have to make several trips. 

So basically what this blog post is about- if you don't already do a bit of prepping for the possibility of not being able to get to the store or not being able to find what you need at the store- then the best time to prepare for those times is when there is not an emergency going on. It is on your weekly trip to the grocery store- to pick up an extra one of these and an extra one of those. And slowly have extras of what you use on a day to day basis. You do not need to do this all at one time. Nope. Just slowly get the things you need. With prices of things going up and up. It has been a bit helpful to have a few extras of things put aside so that maybe I can wait till something goes on sale before I buy more. Anyway I do hope that you learn form our experience - you never know when something might happen and you will not be able to get to the store for a few day or a week or what ever. Start now - doing a bit here and a bit there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar