Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Work Smarter, Not Harder

My husband was called into work Saturday night so he was very tired Sunday afternoon and decided to take a nap. I just happen to wake up around 6:30am- on a day I didn't have to get up at any certain time. So I decided to get on up and take advantage of the "cooler" morning. I say "cooler" because although it was in the mid 70's it felt more like 80's/. And when I say take advantage- this is where the working smarter comes into play. But first let me explain why I came to my conclusion. 

Many times I have driven passed people who are out mowing their yards in the middle of the day or in the afternoon. This is when the sun is beating down on them and it is HOT. This is not working smart. I know that some people may not have any other choice than to mow when they do - but if you have a choice -work smarter. Work smarter by choosing a cooler time to work like early morning or late afternoon. 

So after I had taken care of the animals and had my quiet time I got dressed in work clothes and I proceeded to work towards getting as many things knocked off of my "to do" list. I was able to weedeated  around the RV and along the fence line and also around things in the front yard. I mowed the front yard, the back yard and push mowed the garden. I had weedeated the garden on Friday. I moved a pile of branches to the burn pile, I had trimmed from a tree on Friday. By the time I was done it was like 84 and felt like 90's out there.  As I type this up it is 2:20pm on Sunday and it is currently 95 and feels 106 out side. I will have a few jobs I want to get done today - but I will be working on the computer for a while and then I think I will pop out side here and there to get a job done here and then later another job. 

I watch a youtube channel where a lady lives in London and she has an allotment. So to garden she has to walk to her garden. Right now I am feeling grateful that I can pop out in the back yard here and there throughout the day to work in my garden. And I can look out the windows when ever I want just to see how everything is doing. Every morning when I let the chickens out and every evening when I put the chickens up - I am tempted to take a walk around my garden. Most days I do take a walk around. Here and there I will find little odds and end jobs to do, prune the tomatoes, pick a cucumber or two, deadhead some flowers, etc. 

So today I decided to work smarter not harder, by taking advantage of the temps not being quite as high as they are later in the day - and I got a good number of things marked off of my list. And now while it is pretty hot outside- I am working on some inside jobs. I might pop out to get a job done here or there but I will make it short and sweet and back inside to the cool of the AC I will come. 

This time of year there are many jobs that need to be done - but I implore you to work smarter. Make good choices of when to work outside when you can. You will enjoy those outside jobs a lot more if you are not burning up or sweating to death. I know I sure do. :O) 

PS -So Sunday I did a Best Deal post about my cute little blue and white pan, but I forgot to mention how much I paid for it - $2.99! I thought that was a great deal! :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity