Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Did You Know That These Are Edible?

So here is a beautiful bed of nasturtiums that I planted for the first time this year! I have learned that it is a great idea to have flowers around your garden- not only for beauty, but also to attract pollinators! 
So I planted these from seeds. And they have filled up my galvanized steel wash tub! 
I was watching a youtube video and the lady said - oh did you knw you can eat these - in fact you can eat the leaves and the flowers. I have not tasted a leaf yet - at least not at the time of typing this up anyway. I have eaten a few flowers. And I have to say they are pretty good. There is a bit of a spicy kick to them - but that is towards the end. The lady said she slices the leaves up and adds to salads - just gives a bit of a kick. I will be trying that soon. 
Then someone said that the radish seed pods were edible- so one day when I was walking around my garden - I pick a couple and tasted them. they are pretty good. They say that when they are young they are the best - they are not as good when they have been growing longer and get bigger.  
It's interesting what all is edible and it is neat to try new things. You never know if you will like it unless you try it. 

Come back next week when I tell you something else that radishes are good for! :O) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar