Thursday, June 17, 2021

What is Happening in the Garden This Week!

I am enjoying my garden so much this year!! 
I have learned that when you really apply yourself to learn - you will have more success. But I can not take all of the credit. I have to give credit to those who have gardening youtube channels who share what they have learned. I also have to give credit to a couple of great gardening facebook pages that I belong to that have so many very knowledgable people who are will to answer questions. And if you will read through postings and comments - you are sure to pick up a lot of pointers here and there! 

I have tried to take notes when I am able to and I am trying to organize my notes into a gardening binder - so that I can put the little tips under each plant. So that when I want to plant something - I go to that section of my binder and read up on what all I know so far. There is so much to learn in gardening! 

Sabbath evening after I put my chickens up - I walked through the garden like I do quite often after putting them up ( or letting them out. The garden is right there and easily assessable. While I was checking different plants out I noticed that I have some eggplants!!! I was SO excited to see this!! What a blessing!!! 

Last week I finally was able to get my malabar spinach planted - I was so happy to see that just a few hours later - my little plant was winding its self around the fence we have for it to climb. 

I did figure out something - that will need to be changed next year. This year we just took some 4 foot fencing we have and put it up in my malabar spinach box - only problem is that I think that it won't be tall enough. So my plan for next year will be to get a 8 foot cattle panel and put it in that garden box- going up 8 foot. This will give my spinach plenty of room to grow. Wish I had have thought to do that this year. But that is the thing about gardening - you are always learning. And the secret is to do what you can to retain what you have learned so that the next year you are able to expand from that point. It seems that after several months pass - many times all the cool things you learned see to be gone and if you don't make an attempt to keep your information together - you might just have to almost start over the next year. That is kind of how I have felt in the past. This year it has been different. I have made so many changes so far and I have expanded my garden - well maybe doubled it or more. And I am so happy with everything that I am learning. I have made mistakes but they are just helping me know where I need to improve. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar