Friday, June 11, 2021

Freebie Friday

 Well todays freebie Friday is a bit different than usual. 

So several years ago my Dad sent me some seeds for Malabar Spinach - I had never heard of it before. But I planted it and it did well- as well as it could do when I had not planned for its need to climb- ALOT. 

It was super easy to collect seeds from it. The next year I tried to start seeds and for some reason I could not get it going. I had thought that maybe my seeds were bad. But this year I bought a package of seeds from Baker Creek Seeds. So several of these plants- are from Baker Creek - but I was going to send some seeds to a friend - so I decided to try the seeds I had saved and sure enough they came up! So some of my plants were from free seeds. And let me tell you - I have REALLY enjoyed starting plants from seeds. And it is so much more cost effective to do so - if you are able. So I plan to save seeds from my plants at the end of the season and then keep the cycle going. And until then I will enjoy my malabar spinach! 


1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar