Thursday, April 1, 2021

A Wonderful Surprise!

 So I figured out a great way to get at least a couple of the things I wanted to share with you this week. So 

So I lost a majority of my rosemary bush. So this week end I cut out a big section of the rosemary bush. 


I was amazed at how large the main stem was!! It was almost treelike! 

After I cut the rosemary, I found a small sage plant growing! This was great news because my main sage plant had been lost this year as well. My Sage and Rosemary were like 5+ years old. I had already bought a sage plant to replace the one that died, but that is fine - I will just have 2 sage plants! 
What a blessing from God. 

I have had Rosemary, oregano, sage, and parsley in my herb garden. They have last quite some time, but either time or the super COLD snap we had that lasted 1 1/2 weeks with snow/ice on the ground got my rosemary and sage plants. But a sweet little sage plant was growing nicely. And my parsley plant has multiplied - and it is doing very well - especially since my chickens had eaten most of the leave. The plants have bounced back nicely! I will probably be trying to add a few herbs to my herb garden. 

The first year I did not even use any of my fresh herbs- I just did not know how. But over the years I have been incorporating more and more into my cooking and baking. And I am enjoying it. It is a blessing to have, especially when I want to make rosemary/olive bread!!!

What herbs are you growing? Especially the ones that come back year after year? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)