Wednesday, February 10, 2021

The Beatitudes....series

I love seeing the hand of God guiding what I read and watch. This week He lead me to buy this book and it did not take me long to see that it was just the perfect book for me to be watching. But this was not all. The very day that I started reading this book - God led me to the perfect sermon- that goes right along with this book. "A Famine is Coming" - It just popped up on my youtube page - I had not been subscribed to that channel or anything - but God wanted me to see this sermon and He placed it there for me. Be watching for this sermon. It is great - you will not want to miss it. I will be sharing it on Feb. 20th since we will be finishing up a series of sermons this coming Sabbath. Please know that I am listening to these sermons and sharing the ones I think are very good. Sermons that have a great message that we need to hear. 

So today begins a series of posts. This book: The Beatitudes  by Taylor G. Bunch was written in 1938. There are only 78 pages in this book - but so many treasures for us to find. This week we will begin with the first section called:

"The Master Sermon" 

 Not only did Jesus give to His disciples a model prayer, but He also preached before them a model sermon. The Sermon on the Mount was the greatest ever listened to by mortal man. It was the master sermon by the Master Preacher. It is a statement of eternal truths by Him who is the truth, and therefore the author of all truth. It is a proclamation of the eternal realities of the kingdom of heaven.

Not only is this sermon famed for its matchless beauty, but more important still are the basic and fundamental principals it contains. Its truths are organic and constitutional. Jesus came to "magnify the law, and make it honorable," and the sermon on the mount is the decalogue under the magnifying glass of the Lawgiver, in the spiritual illumination of the gospel. It has therefore been appropriately called "the Sinai of the New Testament." It is the law of God restated and explained in its practical applications to everyday living. Here the thunders of Sinai reecho in the beatitudes of Him who is the living law.

Because the sermon on the mount is an unabridged edition of the law, it contains a summary of all truth. It is really a miniature Bible. It is made up of quotations from the Old Testament or restatements of its truths. It seems that Jesus selects the most priceless gems out of the writings of all the prophets, and resets them in this diadem of truth with which He crowns the Book of books.

***********************************************************************************

Be sure to come back next week when we will look at the section called "Christ's Inaugural Address"
And you won't want to miss the sermon on February 20th - it is a different perspective of the Sermon on the Mount that I am guessing you may not have thought of before. It will be interesting for us to go through this book after hearing this sermon. I am sure it will help us understand the book even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)