Tuesday, February 9, 2021

A Special Surprise for me

 One morning during the weekend as I was letting the chickens out for the day I heard a woodpecker. As I listened to it, I realized that I had not seen one in quite a while. 

I love birds! They bring me so much joy, especially my favorites: 

  • Roadrunners 
  • House Wrens
  • Woodpeckers
  • Hummingbirds
  • Cardinals
  • Robins
  • Big Black Birds (they actually help protect my chickens from hawks :O) )  
I feel like birds are just one of the many ways that God says, "I love you!" 

Monday morning as I was doing a weight workout with Jennifer from Rise Up Ministries - I was looking out our living room windows watching some robins hunting around the yard. A little while later I glanced out and noticed that the bird at the forefront was different and as I kept watching it root around at the ground - I realized that it was a beautiful woodpecker, what a great surprise! I thought back at how I had recently realized that I hadn't seen one in quite some time and knew that this was a special gift from God! I truly believe that He sends us many gifts like this but many times we are too busy to even notice. I wonder what wonderful surprises we miss because we are too busy on our phones, on social media, watching tv, or what ever... 

I would like to encourage you to take some time every day to turn off the distracting noise and listen to nature and look around and see what special gifts God has for you!  

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope so- was happy with the weather yesterday so I could get some stuff done before this frigid weather! Hope ya'll stay warm! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)