Thursday, February 25, 2021

10 of 17 items

On Tuesday - almost 2 weeks since I had been grocery shopping - I went to Walmart to get some groceries. I had hoped with waiting a few extra days after the weather cleared up would help me have a better chance of getting the things I needed. But alas, that is not exactly what happened. 

This is where the milk normally is: The worker that walked by while I was taking a photo said that they were expecting a shipment of milk the next day. 
Here is where they normally have bananas- none! 
I was disappointed. 
Out of the 17 things on my list - I was not able to get 7 of those items. 
I have a list for Aldi's and will be going there later in the week. Hopefully they have at least the basics that I need. 

By the way - milk is usually cheaper at Aldi's anyway and we had a carton or whole milk - like the shelf stable stuff so we are good. 

I was very happy to have a decent amount of things on hand that we are not desperate for anything. We may be disappointed not to have some things, but we have plenty to eat. 

If the last year has taught us anything it is certainly - that we can't depend on stores to have what we want to buy. We have to look ahead- by buying an extra bag of this or an extra can of that on each trip to the store. That way we have extras- to cover when ever we go through situations like this past couple of weeks when we could not get to the store. We need to have back ups. 

I have a few other things that I have learned and will be sharing some of them soon. If you have learned anything over the past year - leave a comment and let us know - it may be something that the rest of us have not thought of yet. I have been so thankful to hear other people share things they have learned - it has helped me be more prepared. :O) 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)