Friday, February 12, 2021

Freebie Friday

Several weeks ago while I was at my favorite little thrift store - a older friend of mine was there and we got to talking as she was waiting in line to check out. The topic of purses came up - about how there never seems to be a shortage of purses or pillows at the thrift store. I mentioned that if all the purses were denim - that I would be buying them all and that they would not have to worry about having so many purses. That was just the perfect thing to say to my friend Joy. She had a tote of purses that she was going to get rid of. She is in her mid to late 70's and realizes that her time on earth is limited and is getting things organized so that her family doesn't have a big mess to clean up. Anyway she loves denim as much or more than I do and had a tote of denim purses and was very happy to know that she could give them to someone who would love them. 

I went to her house and picked up the tote of purses. I went through them and picked the ones I would use and passed the rest on to bless others. 

This first bag is a larger purse than I usually carry - so this is now my book bag. I keep magazines and books, spiral of paper and pens in it and it is what I take with me when I go to my sons at 5am. It works excellent for that. I love it! It has been used a lot but it is still very useful! I am so grateful for people who bless others with things they no longer need or use! 

And here is the other denim purse I got. I think it is so cute! It even has a heart on it - that has "Faded Glory" ingraved onto the heart. 

So there you have it- my freebie Friday post. I hope you are enjoying this series. :O) 

 

4 comments:

  1. Those are both adorable! Especially the one with the heart! How sweet of your friend to be cleaning and decluttering so her family is not left with a burden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When roads clear up - I will see about sending you the purse I found last week at the thrift store- silly me couldn't pass it up but don't really need another denim purse. lol :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is probably a really good idea - it is bitterly cold. 20's aren't so bad but this single digit weather is the pits...
    I have not gotten an email.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)