Sunday, February 21, 2021

My Best Deal!

 So I have been stuck at home since February 10th ( got out that day thankfully but once I got home I have stayed home)! And so of course no best deals - at least not the type that are found at a store. I would say that my best deal this week is that we were lucky with all the major issues here in Texas - we did not have to go long term without power like some people did. Three hours was the longest stretch without power- and that may not seem bad but of course the power went off in the evening of temperatures in the teens...ugh. And when the power goes off you have no idea when it will be back on. That is tough. If there was some rhyme or reason to it - like several of our other power outages - at set times and only for 30- 45 minutes at a time. That is much more doable for sure. 

Another great deal is that our cold water at our kitchen sink froze up. And I was able to take a towel and an old sweatshirt and I went and wrapped them around the store bought insulated faucet cover and then I got a box and put over that. Within an hour of doing that - the ice stopping that faucet thawed and we had water! Praise the Lord! I can't complain much at all though because there are out there that lost their water and even some that may still not have any water. Please keep all these people in your prayers. 

Oh and another great deal - that God encouraged me after all the mess after Covid reared it's ugly head - that I needed to make sure that we had what we needed here at the house at all times. Because other wise I might be stressing about now. It has been since the 10th since I have been to get groceries and at that point _ I just picked up a few things that we were low on - I didn't do a major grocery haul that day by any means. But I am thankful that we are doing alright. My list to get from the grocery store is getting longer by the day but I will not be going to the store any time soon - here is why: 


These photos were taken by a friend when she went to HEB at 1:30pm on a Wed or Thursday. This is just the produce and some of the meat department - but she said that quite a bit of food was gone. I do think she said that they bought 100 dollars worth of stuff. 

I can about guarantee that the stores will be a big mess for quite some time as people try to restock their pantries. So I am holding off for a few days. 

Anyway I am thankful for all of the blessing of this week and also of the things we learned. I will do my best to get on here sometime this week and share a few things that we learned and some things that are great to have on hand...just in case. Hope to see you soon. Take care :O) 


1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)