Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Don't Forget Your Bubble Wrap

 As I was visiting with a sweet lady after prayer meeting, someone walked by and handed her a stack of newspapers. Beverly began to tell me the story of them visiting a beautiful little town in Arkansas and how she and her husband were wanting to move there, hence the newspapers. 

Later that same evening the stress of the undecided elections started to raise it's ugly head again and as i lay there trying to go to sleep, I started praying. I had noticed over the last few days my prayers had taken a turn. I found myself praising God even more and praying for my friends and family more and more. 

As I was thinking, I began to realize how during these -crazy, chaotic times we need to be spending more and more time in prayer and Bible study.. Just as the newspaper helps protect the fragile items we have when we are packing, God's Word and prayer acts as the newspaper(or bubblewrap) to protecting us from the fear and discouragement at the times we are facing. The closer we get to the last days the closer we will need to come to Jesus for everything we need...strength, courage, peace, joy, etc... 


If we know Jesus as our personal Saviour and if we love Him, we will be drawn to obey God's commandments and to hold onto our faith in Jesus. This will seal our forehead for Jesus and when He comes, which I believe will be soon, we, too, will be going to a beauty city! One that He has prepared for us! 

Be sure to continue to wrap your fragile self in the newspaper/bubblewrap of God's love, prayer, and faith in Him. Not only reading His Word, but also obeying it. Holding onto your faith in Him. These things will protect your soul to the end. 

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity