Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Lessons From Nature

 This is a post that I actually wrote out in a notebook just after finding all of the Tomato Horn Worms but I just had not gotten it typed up here - so today is the day to share it with you all- better late than never. 

As I have been working with my tomato plants and especially when I have found a worm after I thought I had really checked the plant over has had me thinking that there has to be a spiritual lesson to learn.  

The worm is like sin. It might be so hidden that we don't think it's there, but if there is ugliness in character, like the ugliness of the tomato plants after being eaten by the tomato horn worms, then there certainly is sin. It is sin that causes the ugliness. How do we know this? We find an excellent description of what the fruit of the Spirit is in Galatians

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. 
Against such there is no law. 
Galatians 5:22-23 


I think it is neat how God can teach us lessons through nature. That is why I think it is such a great idea for us to spend time out in nature and be sure and be open to listening to what He has to say. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity