Friday, November 13, 2020

Raspberry Jam

 

So over the last week or so I have not felt the best. I don't know if it stress with all of the mess going on in our country and the fact that all these restrictions just keep hanging on month after month. It is truly very discouraging at times. It could be allergies. I just don't know. But that has not stopped me from getting some fun stuff done around here. 

Luckily for me Aldi's ran a great sale on raspberries. $1.29 for a 6 oz container. I bought a case - 12 packs in all. I had no idea how many containers it would take. In the past I have went to make salsa only to find out that I did not buy enough tomatoes- so now I will be buying more than what I need, just to make sure I have enough. It is much better to have too much than not enough. 


I got 10 half pint jars of raspberry jam. And oh it is SO good. And yes - I like the seeds in there. I know it looks like alot of seeds but when you eat this on toast - you can not really tell. 

I had thought about using my machine that I used to make applesauce- but after just a bit of the berries went through - I realized that it would send way too much of the stuff to the trash bin and I did not want to waste that much of my berries. I would rather have alot of seeds than to waste half or more of the berries.  

It feels good to add a few jars here and there of delicious food. 
My husband is not a fan of raspberries so these will be all mine. :O) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar