Monday, March 2, 2020

My Wooden Box

This wooden box sits on top of my bookshelf in my reading corner of my room. This box belonged to my dad. It is quite special to me. Inside this box are several wooden Tic Tac Toe games that my dad made. One day I will do a post about them. But for today I wanted to share what else is held in this wooden box. 


Way back about 2005 area, I began using this wooden box for a very special purpose. Several loved ones had passed away and I  was in the habit of keeping the programs that were handed out. I like to keep more than one copy of family members so that I would have one for each of my children if they were interested in them someday. Anyway since this box was special to me and it had a special place in my room already, I began keeping the programs in there. Once I get home from a funeral I place the newest program on top of the stack already there - the stack that consists of about 30 some odd programs. There have been a few funerals that I have attended that the programs were already gone by the time I got there or they did not have a program at all. 

The earliest date that I have of a program that I have saved is 1998. I know I went to a few funerals before that time period I just did not keep the programs. 

Yesterday I went to a funeral and I am still processing my thoughts on it. I will check in later in the week to share a bit about it. And yes - the program is already in my box. This special box that once belonged to my dad is not only special to me because of that - now it holds some precious memories of those who have passed away and awaiting Christ's return. What a glorious day it will be!! :O) 

 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18Therefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity