Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Crazy? Long Lines and Blessings

Have things been crazy where you live? 

On Monday I went to Winco - I was running out of several of the things that I like to buy in bulk so I made a special trip there. The store is about a 30 minute drive or more from my home. When I got there I found some really good deals right off and found most of the bulk things that I was looking for. Then I continued looking in the store - that is when I realized that there were 2 lines for the checkout -one of one side of the store - this line was for the self checkout area. Then there was a line on the other side of the store - it was for the regular checkouts. This line was long and I kept having to go through it just to move to the next section of the store. And when I was finally finished I made my way to the end of the line which was not only at the back of the store but it was winding around a bit more.


I wrote to let my family know that I was in a long line and had no idea of how long it would take. I did that for 2 reason - first I did not want them to worry about me and second - I wanted to see how long I had to wait in line. ONE hour later I had finally made my way up to the front of the store to the check outs. 

Oh and by the way this photo was taken about 10 - 15 minutes into my wait. 

I have a bit of a blessing story to share with you. 
So Winco has some toilet paper I really like - it is lavender scented. Well I really wanted to get some toilet paper while I was there. Once I got to the bulk section I noticed that it looked like Winco had placed pallets of toilet paper and paper towels between produce and bulk. Well - like a dummy I thought that if there was toilet paper there - then there would be some on the toilet paper aisle, so I went on. Once I got to the toilet paper aisle - I had already had to walk through one of the lines several times and just did not want to go back 2 more times. So I gave up. As I stood in the line for a little over an hour- I thought how much I wish someone was there to watch my basket while I went to get the toilet paper. 
Once I got up to the checkout - I ended up on a checkout line - by accident really. I was standing in one line and someone motioned me over to a shorter line - Number 1 blessing - because the line I was in had someone with a basket over flowing and I knew I would be waiting for quite some time. The row I was motioned over to - had much less items in each of the baskets. As I was loading my items onto the conveyor belt - Number 2 blessing happened - I just happened to glance down -under the belt on the ground was a package of my favorite lavender scented toilet paper! I was thrilled. I knew it was there as a blessing from God!!! 

Is it crazy where you are? 

Are you noticing the blessing around you? Even in these crazy times we can find blessings - just keep your eyes open to catch them. They may even be things that surprise you. :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity