Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A Glimpes Inside the Wooden Box

Sunday morning I went to a funeral. "A Celebration of Life" is what the program called it. Just one week prior to the passing of my friend P she had went with her family to a nature preserve - as you can see in the photo. She had been in poor health for the last year or so. She had fought hard to live but passed away last week, at only 55 years old.  
It hit so close to home. 

Husband had given her a hug and kiss before he left for work, only to come home to the ME at his home with her on the floor dead. So sad. 

If you were to pick up this program and turn it over you would see a beautiful photo of her and her husband - and at the top it told us that Sunday (day of the funeral) was there 33rd wedding anniversary. What a way to celebrate.... 

As you can see this death has really caused me to ponder life and how short it really is. We are born and we die and in between those two dates is our life. And we get to choose how we will live that life and who we will live it for. There is a battle for our soul and there are only two sides. It is up to us to choose which side we will be on. In the whole scope of history our life is but a blip on the radar - let us make that time count!  

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate - my husband has some health issues and it has made him angry- I totally understand but I wish things were different. We can continue to pray for them. God is in control. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity