Thursday, February 20, 2020

In only seconds....

My husband was finally home after working out of town for quite some time and we decided to watch one of our shows that had been recorded. I had made him spaghetti for supper but I wasn't in the mood for spaghetti so I made myself a bowl of popcorn. Only about 10 minutes into the show something happened and in only seconds - I knew I was in trouble. Something was stuck where it wasn't suppose to be. I stood up and pointed at my back letting him know that I thought I was in trouble. In the moments that passed the thought came to my mind - this could be it. I might die today. It was so scary. Thankfully, only by God's grace was I able to get it dislodged and be able to breath. I did NOT eat the rest of the popcorn. And thinking it might be sometime before I do. And if I do - I will certainly be chewing it up really, really good.

In those few seconds - that felt like forever- when I thought this could be it I felt so helpless. I thought no help could get to our house fast enough. It really shook me. I have felt emotional about it off and on since then. Thinking about the fact that things can change so quickly and scary it is has made me really that we need to live our lives in a way that if our life was over that we would be ready for Jesus' second coming. Because once our life is over - the very next thing we will know will be when Jesus raises us up when He comes again. Those seconds were scary but thankfully they were not my last ones.

2 comments:

  1. I love popcorn but just don't know if I will be able to eat it again - if so I will be very, very careful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just now seeing this- I need to figure out how to get blogger to email me comments again so I don't miss comments- especially ones like this

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar