Monday, February 10, 2020

The Makings of a Hoarder

So last week I got one of my best deals lately, but by the time you get to the end of this post you will understand why I chose to title this post the way I have.... lol 

So I got this awesome - what is a vintage karaoke machine - but that is NOT why I bought it- in fact it wasn't until later that I discovered what it really was. The reason I bought this is because I have some cassette tapes with sermons on them that I would really like to make copies of because several of my friends would like copies of the sermons that I have. Anyway when I saw this I thought that it was a machine specifically to copy tapes.  

It wasn't until several hours later when I was showing it to my son that I noticed a black cover on the back of this that said "open" and when I opened it I found a mic and cord. Apparently this can be powered by batteries or a cord. And it works great. I have already copied one sermon. 

So about 6 months ago I went through my room and got rid of some things that I did not think I needed any more. I wanted my room to be less cluttery. Well I got rid of several brand new cassette takes - like about 4-6 of them. And I got rid of 2 very nice cases that held a dozen cassette. At the time I was proud of myself for finally letting go of these things that I did not think I would need. Once I got this great machine I remembered about the cassette tapes - but at that point I did not remember that they were part of the things that I had gotten rid of. So imagine my disappointment when I went to look in the place I had kept those things only to find them gone and be reminded that I had just recently gotten rid of them. Oh man.... I was upset. That is when I thought about how this is usually what happens - I hold onto things and hold onto them and then not too long after I get rid of said item - I need it. I was even more upset when my husband told me that the cassette would be expensive - especially at the current prices plus the fact that I want to make the sets of sermons for several people. I was tempted to become a hoarder after that experience. 

Then this past week end my oldest son and his daughter and I went to an antique mall and my son found this great deal for me!!! 

I am SO glad he was with me - because where he found this package I would have never been looking and I would have missed this blessing. I will be keeping an eye out for cassettes when I go to antique malls from now on. I have a local one I need to check out soon. Maybe next weekend! 

So my best deal this week - $4.00 Karaoke Machine - which is actually a cassette recorder machine for me. So thankful for great deals like this!!! 

*********************************************************
So I just finished with this post and was looking to spell check and that button is missing. I sure hope they have not taken it away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity