Friday, November 1, 2019

A Vintage Treasure ~ Best Deal

Wednesday I took a batch of clothes I no longer wanted to my consignment shop. I had some clothes that did not sell from a previous batch that I was suppose to pick up but I forgot to pick them up on Wednesday. At first I was mad at myself because I forgot to pick the clothes up. But actually it ended up being a blessing!

Thursday I took my MIL to a physical therapy appointment and after I dropped her off I ran a couple of errands. It really is amazing what you can do in less than an hour when you are right in town. I forget that sometimes since it takes me at least 15-20 minutes to get to town in the first place. Anyway so first errand was to pick up the unsold clothes. 6 of the 24 items I had taken that time did not sell. As I walked into the door - and a pendant on a necklace caught my eye. Normally I am not that into that kind of stuff but there was something about it that drew my attention. I picked it up and looked at the robin and as I turned it over I realized it was a pendant that could also be a brooch! I loved it. I am not that into necklaces - especially the shortness of this necklace but I do love a beautiful vintage brooch.

I knew I had 2 more stops to get done before heading back to the PT place so I bought the brooch with my credit and was on my way. After I arrived back at the PT place and as I was sitting in the waiting room I pulled my new brooch out and began to really look at it. I had noticed some writing on the back but had not taken the time to read it. I did not - It was an AVON piece. I love vintage Avon. They have had some awesome things. This is called "Welcoming of Spring~ The Robin" and I love it. I would love to know what year it was sold. I will be doing some research and see what I can come up with.

Anyway as I was looking it up I found that they have a hummingbird one as well and now I want it! I will be watching for it for sure!! 

And I paid $5.00 for it - but like I said I had credit so really no money out of pocket for me!! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity