Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Clothes, a Stereo and Curtains

Last week our temperatures here in Texas actually flirted a bit with Autumn weather and so I spent some time pulling all but my favorite summer tops out of my closet. Then I hung up my fall tops and my jeans. I had already went through everything and tried stuff on. Once I had went through them I just folded them up and set the piles on my shelf in my closet- just waiting for some appropriate weather to arrive. I also went through my toppers and tried them on and organized them. I pulled a few pieces that I never did wear last year and felt like I would rather pull them and take them to consignment shop then have them take up space in my closet. "It will do" items are slowly making their way out of my closet, creating more space for things that I love. Only issue I have is that for the next couple of weeks I will be too busy to even really go shopping. I will be planning a good shopping trip for as soon as there is an opening in my schedule to allow for one. Till then I am just going through what I have and pulling things to take to consignment shop. I took a load last week and I have another small load to take sometime soon. I have been too busy to even set up an appointment so I am so thankful that they have it where you can do drop ins when you have small loads like about 10 things or so. That is what I did last week - and I am hoping to be able to get another load taken later this week, if not next week. I am so thankful that I have had a bit of time here and there to get my closet organized and ready for what ever season the day brings.... lol . This is the time of year that you just never know. As I write this(Tuesday afternoon) I am actually wearing sleeveless top and a pair of capris- But there is a good chance that tomorrow will have me wearing jeans- probably 3/4 sleeved top for the first half of the day and then changing into short sleeves later in the day. I am just so thankful that Fall is finally here - even if it is just visiting for a day here and there... lol

*************************************************************
A couple of years ago my sister in law and I traded exercise equipment. And I ended up with a treadmill. We set it up in the sun room and my husband bought me a stereo that actually worked like a blue tooth - don't know the right way to word that - what ever the case - I can play songs from my phone on the stereo, listen to the radio or play cd's. I enjoyed it out there. But I didn't enjoy the treadmill. And we moved it to the shed. I just preferred getting outside to walk - that way I get the sunshine and fresh air as well- both are very important! Anyway about 6 months ago or so we sold the treadmill. I could kick myself because I left that stereo out there up on the shelf. One day last week I was thinking how nice it would be to have a stereo in my bedroom and I though - I have one!! I just need to move it. So over the weekend I moved it to my bedroom. I was so thankful that we had went with a smaller stereo so it doesn't take up much space on my dresser - it was easy to move things around this way and that for it. I love my stereo, which by the way has a remote control. I love having the stereo and not have to get out and spend money to fulfill a wish I had.

***************************************************************

Remember me sharing about a house being built next door? Well they have some lights set up at the corners of the back of the house and for some reason ever so often they leave the lights on all night. I would not complain except that one of the lights shines into my bedroom and bathroom. Thankfully we have nice thick bedroom curtains that block most the light but I had my summer curtains up in the bathroom still. Again I was thankful that I had made some winter curtains for the bathroom a couple of years ago. Since the light shined into my bathroom and was disturbing my rest - I decided to put those curtains up. I had bought some pretty crocheted "ribbon" that I had cut pieces off of for tie backs last year ( or the year before?) Anyway I went and found the roll of that and cut off a couple more pieces of that and I am very happy with the results.

It makes me happy when I am able to make do with what I have. It has made me think twice before just going and buying something because just maybe I have something that will work. I just have to take a bit of time to think about it or maybe look around the house.

Well I better close. I am needing some time to refill the gas tank. God has been so very good to me so that I could be very kind and pleasant with all of the running I have going - but I do need to take some time to recharge. I hope you all are doing well. Can't say I am back to every day postings yet -since the next week and a half will be busy- and then I found out that my MIL PT will probably continue through the middle to a bit later in November. Plus we will have 4 appointment to reschedule once she is feeling up to doing those. Then I have a couple of appointments myself. Lots to do - refilling the tank and recharging when I can. :O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

32: Hope for the Heart