Sunday, October 27, 2019

Best Deal

Today's "Best Deals" were actually great deals I got several weeks ago - I just haven't had a chance to write up a post about them! Plus I have been so very busy I have not gotten to do much thrift store shopping and when I have - I haven't found much. Found a new to me favorite short sleeved top - which is rare. It seems more challenging around here to find great short sleeved tops. Anyway on to today's post. 

My favorite little thrift store has been having an excellent sale on books lately. I think it is because they have so very many books. So when I found this completely revised Texas Gardening book for 50 cents - I jumped on it. I had an older book but there were several things about this book that made it worth the investment - not only is it revised and updated - it was actually signed by the author. And there was a photo of the author in the book! One of my nieces wanted my older copy of the book and so I am going to give her the book and the photo. I think it will mean more to the person she wants to give the book to! 
And the other excellent deal going on at my thrift store is cookbooks for a quarter a piece!!! What an excellent deal!!  

I used to enjoy watching Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals. And had thought it would be nice to have a cookbook. I am thankful that I have not invested a lot of money into them because I have looked through this book briefly and it just doesn't speak to me. But the Taste of Home 5- ingredients cookbook has a different story. I have already tried a couple of the recipes for my husband and he has liked them. It was just the sort of thing I was looking for - some quick recipes that I could make up food for my husband on these busy days of so many appointments and things to do. 

If any of my readers would like the Rachael Ray cookbook - I would be willing to mail it to you if you will email me and let me know you are interested in it and send me your address. 
talia72288@gmail.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

32: Hope for the Heart