Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Results are In.....

So last week - I had some blood work done. Since my cholesterol is elevated my Dr wanted me to take some cholesterol lowering meds, I have probably already told you about that. Anyway I really did not want to start taking the meds- especially after reading the side effects. I feel like I put my body through enough with the 2 different chemo drugs going through my body, so if I can take care of this naturally - I would like to.

I am really beginning to realize that high stress can really affect many things with your body. Now I believe that it also affects your cholesterol levels. We will start with the total cholesterol - it had gone up about 20 points. And the LDL- up about 20 points. But I am happy to report that my HDL went up 3 points and my Tri. went down about 25 points.  My husband worked in the Corpus Christi area for 2 weeks - when he left we had no idea of when he would be coming home. That was stressful. Once he got home- there was the fact that he could be going to Florida anytime. That weighing over our heads was stressful. He did not go to Florida but went back to the Houston area to help rebuild damaged equipment and again we are not sure how long he will be gone. I also think that the time period in August when I was really having a hard time with several things played a big role in the elevated numbers. But I am not giving up. I know that what I am doing is the best thing for me and I will continue to work towards better health. And an added benefit - is weight loss. Slow and steady but going in the right direction.

So from my blood work - I learned that stress plays a role in our health. Oh this is not news to me - I already realized that long ago- I feel that very high stress caused my cancer. I was just reminded of the fact that stress plays a role. And I need to incorporate more quiet time - and more prayer time. Feeling closer to God helps take care of stressful feelings. When we realize that God is in control - it is easier to handle the things that come our way.

I was also reminded of this beautiful prayer that I think would do us all a lot of good to say each day:
Image result for the serenity prayer
 
 
There are things in our lives that we have no control over- we need to let God deal with those things.
There are things in our lives that we can change- and we need courage from God to make the changes needed. And we need wisdom from God sometimes to know the difference. Many times we think that we have to do it all- But there is a good reason why Philippians 4:13 in in the Bible:
 
Image result for i can do all things
To remind us that it is through Christ's strength that we are to live our lives. We can depend on God to supply everything that we need- even courage, wisdom and strength!
 
I go to the Dr Wednesday to talk to her about the blood results and all- I figure we will set up more blood work to be done in 3-6 months. I hope she is at least with all the positive results from my healthier living. :O)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision