Monday, September 18, 2017

Busy... How about you?

Hello~ so this is gonna be a busy week. And at this point next week doesn't look as full, but this week is only beginning so there is no telling what will be added to next week. Especially since I took my MIL to the Dr today. While there he suggested another test to be done. Looking to see if the heart has improved any since she had a blood clot several months back and lots of pressure was put on the heart. If the heart is alright- he really wants her to brpegin to exercise. He said that when a person is younger and they go into the hospital they tend to bounce back but the older we ge the harder to bounce back. And he told her that in order to build her energy level back up and he capacity of doing things- she would need to exercise. Sadly she has not exercised hardly at all throughout her long life- and seems very resistant to starting now. I tried to share with her that exercising usually isn't something people start don't no because they like don't no it. Most people I know that exercise- started off doing nag it because it was the right thing to do. And usually you are able to find some kind of exercise that you enjoy. There are so many benefits to exercising- it's worth it to use self discipline to start don't no it- you will find that you enjoy it. Some days it's harder than others for me to accomplish exercising for the day. But when I do I find I am happier and glad I did it! I hope my MIL will see the benefits and be will to start putting out effort. Our health doesn't just happen, like many other things, we have to work to make it good. Anyway- so there is a god d chance that I could be taking her for the echocardiogram next week.

So I have begun volunteering at the Emergancy Depot in a nearby town. Right now I'm only going once a week. During weeks that I'm not so busy I may start going twice a week. I am also helping with the food bank at my church. We will be having it tomorrow late afternoon. I am thankful I have the opportunity to help people. It's great to be able to make a small difference in someone else's life.

This week I am also going to be having blood work done. My Dr wants to see how my cholesterol is doing. It had been high. She had wanted me to go on meds, but I wanted to try lowering it by making better choices. The first time we checked after my lifestyle change found most of my bad numbers lowered by 50 points. I'm hoping to see those kinds of differences in my numbers this time as well. I will let you know. I don't see her till next week.

Well I am super tired, so I'm gonna close for now. Hope you are all doing well. :)


3 comments:

  1. Hello Lisa, Been a long time since Iv been blogging , I do not know if you even remember me. My old blog was The Simple Life and Glow academy.... Great to see you still have your blog. Im following it again :)
    Blessings Renee from North Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee! I sure do remember you! In fact, I had noticed you were blogging again but I didn't see a way to leave a comment. I really appreciated your testimony that you gave. I haven't gotten to read in the last couple of days - so I will have to catch up. Glad to see you back and posting again! I loved all the photos of your yard and house and all. Lisa :O)

      Delete
  2. LOL Yea I fixed the comment section...
    I am so glad fall is here, are your trees shedding there leaves rofl.
    I had sprinkler on in back and you should see the maple leaves that fell rofl

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision