Sunday, September 3, 2017

Just checking in....

Just checking in since I am on the computer and my adrenaline is flowing. This morning - I took a load of clothes to the Emergency Depot that helps in disasters. After I got done - I drove to a favorite little thrift store. Before I went in I checked email and noticed a $533. order that had went through our paypal account. Well I looked through what had been ordered and knew it was not things that my husband would have ordered - so I drove straight home to take care of it. I went directly to our paypal account and sure enough - it was a fake email. So very thankful - it scared me.

I just have to say that I am so thankful that I still had some clothes that I could donate. They were especially needing plus sized clothing and I had some to share. It makes me feel good to be able to help those affected by Hurricane Harvey. God has given us and our church many opportunities to help out those in need. We have a crew of people helping out at the Beaumont church - handing out food, water, toilet paper, and buckets of cleaning supplies. Every day they have had more than 1,000 people coming through for help. It feels good to be able to help these people and show God's love!

We are God's hands and feet and by helping others we are able to show God's love to them. And we need to be doing this whether there is a disaster or not. Even when there is not a disaster - there are still people who need help. When we ask for God to guide and direct us and open our hearts we are able to help those around us. Pray about it and see how God would like to use you. You just might be surprised! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)