Monday, September 4, 2017

How My Health and Wellness Book is Helping Me

So when I began this journey towards better health and weight loss - I started a journal. The idea was to write down encouraging quotes and information along with my thoughts and feelings. And this has been helping me a lot.

Then, as you know, I found this awesome book and created my "Health and Wellness" book. I have added a few new quotes and information that I have recently come across. And then I have begun to go through my journal and copy great information into my H and W book. It will give me a quick reference for encouragement when I am discouraged along this pathway. Sometimes I get too focused on the desire to lose weight that I forget that my new lifestyle is not just about weight loss. Its about being healthier. And so the weight loss is slow. I would like to say slow and steady but its not always steady. Sometimes, many times its just slow. So I do get discouraged at times. And to be perfectly honest, if I had not felt like God helped me set the goal to lose 50 pounds - I think there would be times that I would have already given up on losing the rest of the weight I need to lose to reach my goal. I think I would have said - well I have been here so long - maybe this is my ideal weight. I am a strong believer in the fact that we are all different and that my "ideal" weight is NOT on a chart in a Doctors office. And I think that we get in to trouble when we don't take in to consideration other factors when looking at what our ideal weight should be.

Anyway - back to copying the encouragement into my H and W book- Just in the little bit that I have done - I have been so encouraged! And I think that this book will be a great asset to me for years to come!

"No longer needing to appear to the world as perfect people...."
 
"Practicing the principle of love we learn to accept others as they are,
not as we would have them to be."
 
"Perseverance brings us the reward of continuing, permanent recovery."
 
"The bottom line is you have to train your motivation like a muscle."
 
"Whatever you do for your body, will benefit your mind!"
or it would be the opposite if you are making bad choices....
 
"IF you don't exercise, your body will decay."

These are just a few of the quotes that I have come across that have really been encouraging. There are so many more but right now I don't have time for typing out a long post so I will just keep it with these short posts. I hope they encourage you as well. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision