Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Use It or Lose It

Several months ago - when I knelt down I knew instantly that I had an issue with my knee. The pain shot through the middle of the knee cap. It seemed that for a couple of weeks I kept accidently doing things that hurt it because I was not used to having restrictions.

I decided that I needed to take a break from my morning workouts with Jennifer Webster with Rise Up. Click the link to check out her website - you can also watch her videos from her website. If you hit the "watch now" button - it will take you to a page that will give you several video's to choose from. I really enjoy working out with her. Anyway so I took off a month or two.

After a couple of months of not losing any weight- on the scales - I decided to get back to exercising. When I started working out with Jennifer again - I realized that I had lost a little of the progress I had made. I realized how very important it is for us to continue to exercise and work towards better health.

I know that I want to keep my health and my strength. The end of February my Mother in law ended up in the hospital with Pulmonary Embolism. And she spent a week in the hospital. And of course, lost some of her strength. This experience helped remind me the importance of taking care of ourselves. It seem that when we are young we do what ever we want and we feel we are getting away with it but the truth is we are not. Things will catch up with us. And I have had to go through enough things myself and with my MIL to tell you - it is not fun. When I took my MIL to the ER - she got poked and prodded so much- and they had a really hard time getting a big iv in my MIL arm for the Ct scan - that I almost started crying. It is important for us to do the best we can to take good care of ourselves. As long as there is sin - there will be pain and suffering but we can help ourselves not have to go through as much if we will allow God to guide us and direct us in the way we take care of ourselves.

So remember - make an effort to get outside in the fresh air and sunshine and get some exercise. Set a goal of at least 3 times a week - more if you can. But start somewhere. When you set a goal you are more likely to achieve that goal. Exercise and build up your muscles. Keep yourself strong by continuing to work at being healthier  - it is worth the time and effort. I know it is to me! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking