Wednesday, March 1, 2017

BEST WAY....Y - Yielding to Divine Power

 

 

Best Way

"Y"

Yielding to Divine Power

I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
 plans to give you hope and a good future."
Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
 
 
Whenever you are faced with a trying situation- illness, debt, marital problems, loneliness, depression, substance abuse/addiction, etc., believe that God has the answer and the power to heal that situation. ANYTIME we ask to be rescued from bad habits, He offers it freely.
 
When we go to Him and ask for other things, and ask that His will be done, we are in effect saying, Lord, I know what You can do, and this is what I want You to do for me. But, if it is not Your will, I accept Your will as best for me. When we release control to Him, we receive a peace that passes all understanding. We can walk away knowing that He will do what is best for me, and it will happen when it is best for me. We will trust that He is able to do "exceedingly, abundantly above all that we could ask or think" (Ephesians 3:19).  And when our request for help involves confession and repentance of some behavior that contributes to us getting where we are, we must stop the behavior and walk in the newness of life.
 
When I realized that God has indeed spared my life, I was happy to share His mercy with others who were  going through the same thing. I wanted everyone to have the same outcome I did. I had to accept, very painfully, that sometimes, some of us will die. BUT, when we realize that death is not the end, we have hope. After watching my father die, I was convinced that death with hope. After watching my father die, I was convinced that death with hope is so much better than life with suffering. For daddy, healing will come at the resurrection.
 
So, when the question surfaces, "Donna, what if the cancer returns and you worsen and die? What then?" My answer is this, "Because I believe that when God heals you it is thorough and complete, I am accepting this gift of healing. As long as I am following the will of my heavenly Father, "no weapon against me, shall prosper,"(Isaiah 54:17) and that include death. When He decides that I have completed all that He has put me on earth to do, then I can go to my grave, with the hope of the resurrection. And when He comes back to end the misery of this place called earth, I will rise again and be welcomed into eternal life. How do I know this? I have read His promises to me.

My Bible tells me:
*It's appointed unto all men once to die. (Hebrews 9:27) Not one of the people that Jesus healed when He was on earth is alive today.
*The living know that they shall die, but the dead know not anything. (Ecclesiastes 9:5)
*Jesus compares death to a sleep. (John 11:11)
*And when one dies, his breath goeth forth, He returneth to the earth and in that very day his thoughts perish. (Psalm 146:4)
*Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth; that they may rest from their labors and their works do follow them. (Revelation 14:13)
* Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life.(Revelation 2:10)
*We shall not all sleep, but we shall b changed...O death, where is thy sting, O grave where is they victory? (I Corinthians 15:51-55)
*But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as other which have no hope, For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord that we which are live and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we with are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (1 Thessalonians 4:13- 18)
*And I saw a new heaven and a new earth.... And there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, nor tears, for the former things are passed away. (Revelation 21:1,4)
 
There's gonna be a great reunion, real soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking