Friday, March 10, 2017

Biblical Portrait ....series

Examining our walk in the light of Scripture
The verses on the following pages express God's heart for women. Together they provide a biblical portrait of a godly woman.
 
The questions that follow each verse are designed to help evaluate how well you are applying the Word in your daily walk. the point is not to answer a simple "yes" or "no" to each question, but rather to use the questions as a basis for person meditation, application, and response to the Lord.
 
Some of these verses are directed specifically to married women. Other apply more broadly to all women. Regardless of your marital status, ask God to open your heart and to help you see areas where He wants to mold you and make you a woman after His own heart.
 
To get the most our of this exercise, you may want to focus on one verse each day, asking God to show you how your life measures up to that particular aspect o His design. As you work through this section, highlight three or four verses that reveal specific areas of need in your life, so you can memorize them and engraft them into your heart and life.

What is God's Plan for me as a wife?

"The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her" Proverbs 31:11, KJV

  • Can my husband trust me to walk with God on a consistent basis and to respond to life's circumstances with praise, gratitude, and faith?
  • Can my husband trust me to be loyal and morally faithful to him?
  • Am I completely trustworthy in every area of my life-- in my relationships with other men? in my spending habits? in the way I talk about my husband to others?
"She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life" (Proverbs 31:12,KJV)

  • Am I committed to support my husband in every way possible and to always act in his best interests?
  • Do my husband know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I am committed to him for life, no matter what?
  • Am I committed unconditionally to bless and serve my husband?
"She took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it" (Genesis 3:6).

  • In my life setting a godly example to my husband, children, and friends?
  • By my words or example, do I ever encourage others to act in a way that is contrary to the Word of God?
"As the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything" (Ephesians 5:24).

  • Do I respond to my husband's leadership in the same way that the church is to respond to Christ as its head?
  • Am I submissive to my husband in my actions, as well as in my attitude?
  • Does my response to my husband demonstrate to the world the beauty and blessing of submission to Christ?
"For the husband is the head of the wife" ((Ephesians 5:23).

  • Have I ever agreed with God that my husband is my spiritual head?
  • Do I allow my husband to lead me< or do I resist his leadership, making it difficult for him to fulfill his God-given responsibility?
"....and the wife see that she reverence her husband" (Ephesians 5:33, KJV).

  • Does my husband feel that I reverence and respect him?
  • Do others know that I reverence my husband?
  • By my words, example and counsel, do I encourage other women to reverence their husbands?
"The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her along but also to her husband. ....(1 Corinthians 7:3-4)

  • Do I reserve intimate communication, looks, words, and touch for my husband?
  • Am I giving myself to meet my husband's sexual needs?
"If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home (1 Corinthians 14:35).

  • Do I motivate my husband to grow spiritually by seeking his counsel, input, and direction, or am I quick to run to my pastor or another counselor for answers to my questions and problems?
  • Does my husband feel that I value and respect his input and counsel?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision