Friday, March 3, 2017

Biblical Portrait ....series


Examining our walk in the light of Scripture
The verses on the following pages express God's heart for women. Together they provide a biblical portrait of a godly woman.
 
The questions that follow each verse are designed to help evaluate how well you are applying the Word in your daily walk. the point is not to answer a simple "yes" or "no" to each question, but rather to use the questions as a basis for person meditation, application, and response to the Lord.
 
Some of these verses are directed specifically to married women. Other apply more broadly to all women. Regardless of your marital status, ask God to open your heart and to help you see areas where He wants to mold you and make you a woman after His own heart.
 
To get the most our of this exercise, you may want to focus on one verse each day, asking God to show you how your life measures up to that particular aspect o His design. As you work through this section, highlight three or four verses that reveal specific areas of need in your life, so you can memorize them and engraft them into your heart and life.
 

How does a woman of God conduct herself?

"All the city...doth know that thou art a virtuous woman." (Ruth 3:11, KJV)
 
Do I have a reputation for being a woman of moral virtue and godly character?

Do I keep myself pure from all influences that could defile my heart, thoughts, or actions?
 
"She openth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness" (Proverbs 31:26, KJV)
 
Do I bless my family, friends, and acquaintances by speaking words that are kind and wise?
 
Do I study and meditate on the Word of God so that I can know how to speak wise words?
 
Am I able to point people to specific Scriptures that apply to their lives and needs?
 
"Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can bread a bone" (Proverbs 25:15)
 
Am I willing to wait quietly for God to change the heart of an authority that I feel is wrong, rather than pushing, manipulating, or nagging?
 
Do I seek to influence other by means of gentle words, rather than controlling or intimidating them with harsh words?
 
"A woman should lean in quietness and full submission" (1 Timothy 2:11)
 
Do I have a teachable spirit?
 
Do I receive instruction with a meek, obedient spirit?
 
"It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman" (Proverbs 21:19,KJV)
 
Does my spirit make it easy for those I live or work with to be around me?
 
Do I frustrate other or mad them want to stay away from me because of an argumentative or angry spirit?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)