Thursday, September 15, 2016

Important Information about Endometrial Cancer....

This is a repost from back in 2014. I thought it was important to share these posts again. The more knowledge that is out there about this cancer - the better.
*************************************************************
Just a quick post to share some very important information. For anyone new to my blog- I would like to share just a little bit of my story - just in case it may help one of you.

7 months ago - I had a hysterectomy. I had an enlarged uterus and the Dr thought that I had - adenomyosis. So on November the 18th- I had a total hysterectomy. When my uterus was sent to the lab- they found cancer- Endometrial cancer or uterine cancer. This is very unusual for someone pre menopausal- and it is the reason why my cancer was not found early enough not to have to have chemo. The cancer was found to have grown to about 80% into the uterine wall. If they find the cancer before it gets past the 50% point of the uterine wall- they are more sure that the cancer has been contained in the uterus. And on top of it being so large - I also found out that my cancer cells were a grade 3 - the highest and most aggressive cancer cells. For this reason - I was sent to on oncologist and underwent 6 rounds of Carbo/Taxol chemo.

What I would like to share with you ladies is- if you are menopausal and you begin to bleed- have it checked out ASAP- that is when people find this cancer in time - so that they are able to just do a hysterectomy and not end up having to have all the chemo and radiation. If you are pre- menopausal and you are having heavy periods and break through bleeding- or spotting more and more- be sure and get with your Dr and explain to her what is going on with you. Endometrial cancer does not show up on pap smear tests. So you have to let your Dr know what is going on with you- if you have heavy period- or are bleeding more and more- have it checked out. I am only 44 years old - and was diagnosed at 43 with this cancer that usually hits women that are post menopausal. And when it hits younger women it tends to be more serious because we just think that the symptoms are just premenopausal and so we let it slid.

I really hope that by me sharing my story - that I can help other women avoid having to go through what I am have gone through, it is no fun. And it is also scary - to realize that you have had cancer growing inside of you for who knows how long and had no idea. It changes your life. I am so thankful that God led me to pushing have more testing done and that we found this cancer. Had I just had my pap smear and accepted my normal results - I might have been dead by the next time my annual came around. Cancer is nothing to play with - if you have problems - have it checked out - you will be glad you did.

I also want to share one of the ways that I know that God was watching out for me through this journey- called cancer.

When I found out that I needed to have a hysterectomy - God led me to the right Dr. who did the new DiVinci surgery. If you have cancer- and you have a laproscopy surgery - the way the procedure works - you actually have a chance of spreading the cancer while they are removing the uterus because with the laproscopy surgery - they take the uterus out in pieces. With the DiVinci surgery - the uterus is taken out completely whole. Once we found out that I had cancer- and I read an article telling of how the other surgery could allow the cancer to spread - I knew that God had been in control - because I had never heard of the DiVinci surgery before. But God was in control and I am so thankful that He was.

We can be confident that no matter what we face - God knows and will be with us every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)