Monday, June 20, 2016

Yummy.....Banana Milk

Today I wanted to share a little recipe that I think made this cookbook worth the 50 cents that I paid for it.
 

Newfoundland

A Taste of Home

It says "Cookbook and Travel Guide - Featuring Selected Bed and Breakfasts, Hospitality Homes, Country Inns and Their Special Recipes - Rosalind Crocker"
And I actually got a copy of this book signed by the author!
This book has a copyright date - of 1993.
It has a map of Newfoundland and a list of Bed and Breakfasts, Hospitality Homes and Country Inns.
 
So it will have a page telling about what ever place - for example - the first one is Bonne Esperance House.- so it gives an address and phone number and the number to find it on the map. Then basic information. Then a list of some recipes that are used at that location.
Mostly breakfast and brunch type recipes.
I am not sure if I will use very many of them but I found one that I love and I think that it has some great health benefits so I wanted to share that recipe with you all here today.
 
The recipe that I like the most so far comes from Keneally Manor Bed and Breakfast

Banana Milk

1 ripe medium banana
3/4 cup milk
1 T. wheat germ
2 tsp. honey
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Overnight freeze peeled banana in airtight plastic bag.
Puree ingredients in blender; pour in glasses. Serves 1 - 2

Ok - a few little pointers - I peel and cut my banana into smaller pieces- it helps it to blend up easier.
I use almond milk or coconut almond milk - what ever I have on hand at the time. For the honey I have used maple syrup when I was out of honey. And it has always been tasty.

Wheat germ is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Important daily vitamins like folate, Vitamin E, and B (Niacin, Thiamin, and B6) can also be found in high levels in wheat germ.

Wheat germ provides good amount of potassium and iron. It also is a good source of zinc, calcium, phosphorus and selenium.

So after learning more about the health benefits of wheat germ- I am even more excited about finding this recipe that I enjoy. What a great way to get some extra nutrition, a tasty way indeed! :O)

1 comment:

  1. I've done this before with homemade almond milk and it's delish! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)