Monday, June 6, 2016

This or That...?

It seems that I have noticed myself having panic attacks- my heart racing - stomach in knots more and more lately. I have been stressed. After a day that it was the worst that it has been - I spent some time in prayer about it. Why was I feeling so stressed? I began to think of the things bothering me and I soon realized that out of all the things bothering me - there was only 1 of the things that I could do anything about. So there it is - the reason why I have been stressing more lately
 

The Serenity Prayer tells us to accept the things that I can not change and to ask for courage to change the things I can. Well the thing I could change - I really didn't need courage - I just needed the ground to dry up enough so that I could get our yard mowed and under control. Thankfully Sunday afternoon - my husband helped me and together we got the whole yard mowed and I got a good chunk of my weed eating done. I will continue to work on that this week -along with weeding the garden.

So accepting the things I can not change- this is something that I needed to pray and ask God to help me with. This is a process- not an instant fix. I am continuing to experience the stress but am trying to change my focus, pray and even sing praises when I start feeling my heart racing.

So when reading about menopausal symptoms - you will see anxiety is one of the party favors that comes along with the gift of a hysterectomy...lol. So that could be the cause.

Or as dear friend said that sometimes the anxiety attacks come alongside of depression. And she has an extra copy of a book that she thinks will really help me. And she will be mailing it to me soon. I look forward to reading it. It's Called "Depression: The Way Out"  You can click on that link and find out more about it.

Some more help and understanding about the Serenity Prayer:


The Full Copy of the 1932 Serenity Prayer.
by Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)


God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
When I looked up the Serenity Prayer - I also found this at this site.

One way or another I am going to make some progress and hopefully figure out the cause or at least something that can help with these attacks so that I don't have to experience them as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories