Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Beloved Names of God ...series

I found a new book - it's called " Life- Changing Thoughts on 99 Classic Names~ Beloved Names of God" And I would like to share one here with you each week. So every Wednesday I will be posting this series- Beloved Names of God

******************************************

I Am

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM:
and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,
I AM hat sent me unto you.
Exodus 3:14 KJV
  • Name of God the Father
  • "I AM THAT I AM" appears once in the KJV. God also calls Himself "I Am" once.
  • In Hebrew, Ehyeh asher ehyeh or Hayah means "I am that I am" or
    "I will be that I will be."
  • Speaking through the burning bush, God instructed to call Him by the name I am when he announced himself as the chosen leader of the Israelites.
 
Traveling to ancient cultures is a mind-blowing experience. How amazing it is to walk on roads trod by Roman soldiers; to stand in the same room where Christopher Columbus received his commission to sail to the New World from Isabella and Ferdinand; or to climb up the Areopagus, or Mars  Hill, in Athens, where Paul preached to the Greeks. Yet before all cultures existed, before the earth was formed, God was and Jesus was.
 
When God said that His name was "I Am," He was stating unequivocally that He was the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and that HE would be their God 'from generation to generation" (Exodus 3:15 NIV). God was stating that He never changes. Likewise, Jesus also never changes. The writer of the book of Hebrews declared, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8 NIV). And Father and Son are still here, and will be forever. "I AM THAT I AM" has no beginning and no end.

Taken from the Top 100 Names of God

Ellyn Sanna 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories