Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Validation~ An Important Thing We Can Give To Others

I have learned- or say I have relearned a valuable lesson this week. I sure wish I did a better job at remembering the lessons that I have learned. Maybe I need to do a better job at writing those lessons down in my "A-HA" book... seriously.

Anyway I learned that it is important to validate other people's feelings. I may not agree with what they are saying, but I can always validate their feelings.

My husband was sharing his feelings about a situation and I fell back into that peacemaker mode - and was trying to make everything alright. And that is when it hit me. I was not validating his feelings. I had to stop right there and tell him I was sorry that I was not validating his feelings. And I was happy to be able to figure out that that was what I had done.

I, myself have found myself upset because others have not validated my feelings. Sometimes it takes a while for me to figure out why I was upset in the first place. But I really think it helped me to be on the other side of it and to figure out what I was doing wrong. And now I can be more aware of it.

I just hope that I can remember this lesson and the others I have learned and put them to use in my own dealings with other people.

Just wanted to share- just in case this was useful to someone else. :O)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Lisa
    Yes, this was useful to me. I realize I've also been on both ends of this!
    Now that I'm aware of it, I will know to behave differently.
    Blessings & Love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

19: Go to the Ant