Sunday, February 8, 2015

It's been done....

So our 8 chickens have been loaded up and taken to their new home. I am thankful that one of our sons came by and was able to help my husband gather up the chickens and put them into the metal cage to transport them. Their new home looks like it will be a nice home. Only problem is that there are about 12 or so chickens already living in the new place - along with a rooster- (actually 3 roosters- but they are trying to get rid of the 2 mean roosters) and so it looks like there will be some battles going on- to work out pecking order. And I am not happy about that. Here - there were not many battles - mostly if there was a squabble - one of the chickens would move along to another place. So not a lot of fighting. I pray that our girls will be happy in their new home. I also pray that God will help me with the sadness. They really become part of the family - especially when you have them for 5-6 years. And every time that I look out into that part of the yard - I miss them so much. It will make my quiet times in the morning a bit less enjoyable- and maybe even sad while I adjust.

Getting baby chicks will be very helpful but it will be about 2 weeks or so before we get the babies. And for the first couple of months or so they will be too little to even be allowed out into the dog run part of the chicken run- let alone out into their new yard! So it will be a while before I will have the enjoyment of watching them from my bedroom window.

Please pray for me and my girls. Thanks! :O)

2 comments:

  1. I know you will miss those chickens! God can watch over even chickens, though. The Bible promises that He sees when even a sparrow falls, so I know He understands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan~ Thank you so much for that reminder! I am glad He does! :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision