Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A Blessing...

 So this morning - I had a feeling that I needed to get to the nearby, little thrift store earlier than I usually do. So I since I knew they opened at 10:00am- I headed out shortly after 10am.

When I got there - there were several boxes of stuff right inside the door. Someone had just donated the stuff. The lady that runs the place is a really nice lady and many times we chat while I am there. So today we were talking and she decided to go through the stack just a bit to see what kind of stuff had been dropped off. And just a few things down was a treasure that was there just for me!!!
 
Yep- This beauty was in the pile. It is in excellent shape. Such a beautiful coat. And do you see the fur around the neck and on the sleeves? It is lined with that soft fur. It feels amazing. And even though the size it was marked looked like it would be too small for me - it fits me perfectly!!

When I got home - I looked up the coat - a "Gallery Woman" coat- and from Nordstrom - it was originally $330.00 and was half price for like $164.00. You can check it out for yourself. 
Oh and I forgot - the best part!!!
The Price:
$10.00
 
What a blessing this is to me!!! I have needed a nice coat - that was nice enough to wear to church for a long time. I just don't have the big bucks to spend on a coat- that may not be used very often- or it might be used a lot. All I know is that this is an awesome coat- and I could not have asked for a better blessing!!
 
You want to hear something funny?
 
So I buy this awesome coat. And later in the afternoon- I spend a couple hours outside trimming rose bushes, cutting down small prickly trees from the chicken yard, cutting old dried, dead herbs out of my herb garden to make room for the already growing herbs underneath! It was a beautiful day!! We also were able to go get some of the supplies to build the roof for the chicken pin. I wish I had have taken a before photo- maybe I can find a photo that will show what we were doing. But whatever, I will take a photo to let you know what it end up looking like! I am excited to have it done and know that we will not longer have to put the $$ into it every 6 months or so- and we will have an area for the chickens that is fairly dry.
 
Oh - Be sure to stop by tomorrow - because I will be sharing what chickens we have ordered- we got that done tonight as well. We had to - we had already missed the week we wanted to get our baby chicks due to one of our chickens selling out - so we had to order them a week sooner than we were wanting, but it's not a big deal. We were able to get our girls and that is what is important. :O)
 

6 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME blessing with your new coat! New to you, anyway! God knew exactly what you needed--a huge blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you found a great deal!! That coat is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so picky on coats - but certainly do not have the money for great coats like this - so it was really a God sent that I found this one and that it fit me!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Lisa,
    What an awesome deal you found!! I love to shop the thrift stores, Goodwill, etc. for great bargains. It's like a treasure hunt.
    When I was visiting with family over Christmas, my aunt gave me a beautiful coat she couldn't wear anymore. It's so nice and warm and just what I needed.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Please come back anytime! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear that you got a great coat as well. I love when things happen like that. I always like to try someone to us what we get rid of if possible- but there are times I can not find anyone and so I just donate it. :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

26: The Facts About Fats - Part 1