Thursday, February 26, 2015

Yeah- Texas weather can really be like that and more

First of all- my little loves are doing well. They are staying cozy warm in the sunroom. I am glad I remembered that I could play around with the photos to make it easier for you all to get a better idea of how cute they really are!
This next photo pretty much sums up our weather for yesterday:
 
Ok - remember how it was snowing yesterday morning? Well - thankfully the sun came out and melted the stuff before we had to leave to go to my husbands dental appointment. He had to have a root canal so that means that I went with him. The dentist that we went to is about 45 minutes away from here. On the way back - I decided that I wanted to take a different way home - just to be a bit adventurous. It was not very long into the new route that I came upon an intersection that was under construction and they had our lanes moving over to the right. I was on the outside lane and some how there was a pothole or something in the lane I was in - I did not see it till I was on top of it - because of all the traffic. Anyway we could sure feel that I had hit it pretty hard and then the car was making weird noises so I pulled into the nearest parking lot. And look what we discovered:
Well my car only came with some device to air up a tire. Well as you can see - there would be no use in trying to air up this tire - it was shot.
Here is a better view:  
I was so frustrated. You just don't expect to damage a tire that badly by just driving down the road.

We were lucky because our youngest son was off and came and carried me and the tire to a Discount Tire a few miles away. Of course because of the time of day - there was a lot of traffic and a lot of business at Discount Tires as well.
 
I am thankful that we were safe and that it did not do much damage to the rim- you can see a pretty big section on it that was scratched pretty bad but all in all we are ok. And that is good.
 
This morning we got more snow- not much stuck especially since our temps got up to about 50's yesterday. And there is another chance of snow for tomorrow and a chance of ice/snow for Sabbath as well. It looks like a wet week all the way through. I sure would like the weather to clear up for Sunday because I have some plans and would really appreciate dry weather for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)