Sunday, September 7, 2014

Heartburn - a nuisance or dangerous ...part 2


I shared last week that I would be up dating about what is going on with my husband. For any of you new comers - it might be a good idea for you to go back and read this post  (part 1) when you get a chance.

Anyway so my husband has Barrett's Espaphagus - If you would like to read more about it- click HERE. And since he does - he is suppose to have a scope done every other year or so. Well it had been a bit longer than that - when he had one done in the middle of August. When they did the scope they took several biopsies. And last week we found out that there had been some changes - bad changes.

There are some medical words and phrases that they use - but I can't think of them all- Basically the first change is: Low Grade Dysplasia and if not treated at this point it goes into High Grade Dysplasia- and then into cancer. My husband's, thankfully, is at the Low Dysplasia section. But it also means that he will have to have a procedure done- and actually might have to have it done several times. Some type of radiation done to the area. So they will have to put him out - put a special device down his throat to the esophagus and but the area that is Barrett's esophagus. Then he will have to go back in 4-6 weeks later to see if they got it all- if not he will have to have the procedure done again, and again - until the Barrett's is gone. This procedure is called a halo procedure.

Anyway we are very thankful that we had this test done now and that it was caught at the first signs of changing to cancer. But as you can imagine he is not looking forward to this procedure. He has faced 5 surgeries, colonoscopy, then scope to check down his throat twice now plus all sorts of heart tests and procedures and none of them have bothered him much at all. But this one - he is not looking forward to. So could you please keep him in your prayers. We still have not heard from the Dr that will be doing this procedure- figuring we will hear something this week.
******************************

Also I am not feeling good today. I had a really rough night. My head hurts as does my throat- I have tried gargling with warm salt water and it helps numb it for a bit- only. If I continue to feel this bad - I will probably have to go see my dr. I'll let you know if I go and what I find out. I sure hope it's not strep throat cause the last time I had that - I had to take 2 rounds of antibiotics to get rid of it. Anyway I would appreciate prayers for me too.

7 comments:

  1. You're both in my prayers. I hope you soon feel better and hopefully the Halo Procedure will all go well for your husband. It doesn't sound like much fun :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for both of you. May our perfect Healer bring good health and peace. Sending love. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear of Jason having to have more medical things done. You have both been through the wringer this past year! I will pray for both of you. For Jesus to guide you, and to carry you both, and to provide for all of your needs. He has promised, and His promises are sure. You are engraved on the palms of His hands. Isaiah 49:16

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will absolutely be praying for both of you! Sometimes the trials just seem to come all at once, don't they? But God is and will be faithful. You might try taking some extra vitamin D to help with your throat/cold...I remember that from the 12 weeks to optimal wellness seminars extra vitamin D can really help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear heavenly Father, I lift Lisa's husband up to you now, thankful that these tests were made available to him, but also asking that you will continue to guide the doctors and comfort both Lisa and her husband through this next procedure and the ones to follow...Keeping them both in good health, and blessing them throughout the weeks and months to come with the comfort of your presence...In Jesus'name~Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa! I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's throat. It's great that it's a low grade thing, but I can certainly understand that he's not a big fan of more more tests. I will pray for him and for you too.
    I hope you don't have any infection, and that you feel relief soon. Keep us up to date!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa, I am so sorry to hear this about your hubby. I will certainly keep him and you also in my prayers. I understand too well about the esophagus trouble. I have had problems too, not Barrett's but rather a narrowing of the area and had to have a procedure called balloon dilation to try and open the esp. It felt like a heart attack before the procedure so I am thankful we caught this. I had to take zantac for 3 years and now only once in a while when needed.

    I hope you do not have strep throat. Drink lots of fluids and I wish I lived near, I'd bring you both some chicken soup!!
    Thoughts and prayers,
    Hugs
    p.s. thanks for stopping by too and your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision