Monday, September 29, 2014

Finding the Path

I love exploring. Whether it be streets and roads, to see where they lead
Or paths and trails to see where they lead. It's all fun to me!

On the second day at the state park, as I was exploring our campsite - I found a trail that led back to the lake. It was a trail that just doesn't scream - trail. It was a path that you would have to step over a log and go around a bush and continue to wind around until you came to an opening in the brush to a view of the lake.

Sometimes our walk with God is the same way. We don't always see exactly where the path may be taking us next. And there is always the possibility of danger( trials) beyond the next curve. But if we will turn our wills and our lives over to God and accept His gift of salvation and allow Him to guide us, we are sure to end up coming out of the brush(this life)to a great view!

*********************************
Thanks so much to everyone who left comments saying that they could relate to my fears. Sometimes I don't know if I may be being too overly cautious about things. And to hear several of you say that you can understand makes me feel more normal. I really do appreciate it. 

I was able to get a decent amount of rest last night. Still a little tired today but I have been tired - ever since chemo and such so I am still just recovering.

3 comments:

  1. It is so hard to step onto those unknown trails God leads me to. You are so right-when I do step out in faith he is always there leading me to beauty-even if I get stuck with a few stickers on the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will take much time for you to fully recover. You've been through so much this year. Please take it easy and get plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful devotional. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I needed to read this.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)