Thursday, October 28, 2021

The Story of Redemption.....7

So thankful that Fall has finally arrived! It came in with a thunderstorm in which we got 1/2 of a inch of rain. That was wonderful- I love it when my garden is watered for FREE! And I love weather that is so mild that you can adjust the temperature in your home - by opening and shutting windows- no electricity needed for AC or heating. It's my favorite kind of weather! 

Now onto the regularly scheduled post for today: 

 “The Lord commanded that His people should not intermarry with idolaters, lest they be led into idolatry. . .Abraham was anxious to have a wife for Isaac who would not lead him from God. He committed this matter to his faithful servant. Abraham required his servant to make a solemn oath that he would not take a wife for Isaac of the Canaanites, but that he would go to Abraham’s kindred, who believed in the true God. . .The servant prayed earnestly for God to direct him. . .Isaac had been trained in the fear of God to a life of obedience. So when he was forty years old he submitted to have his father’s servant choose for him a wife. He believed God would direct him. Isaac’s case is an example for children in later generations to imitate. The course which Abraham pursued in the education of Isaac is recorded for the benefit of parents. They should instruct their children to yield to, and respect, their authority. And they should feel that a responsibility rests upon them to guide the affections of their children, that they may be placed upon persons who their judgment would teach them would be suitable companions for their sons and their daughters.”

~The Story of Redemption Pgs. 66-68

I have to say that this is a tall order - one in which I don't think I succeeded in but I guess that the truth is as parents we do the best we can do - I mean we are only human after all and then pray and ask God to fill in the short comings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

31: Honey, I Love You!