Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Best Deal

So today's post will be a tad bit different than most of the posts that I put under this heading. But it is still my best deal for last week so here it goes. 

We had 5 large red tip photinia bushes in front of our garage. They grew so fast and it seemed hard to keep them trimmed and looking nice. So last week when my husband had a large machine rented to help dig up our sewer line - he decided to pull our bushes out. We had seen a couple of these great stones sticking out but did not realize that we had at least 12 of them buried under all sorts of dirt and gravel. I was so excited because our plan was to pull the bushes out and make a walk way to our porch in that area - and we would need stepping stones. We will also be extending our flower bed that is in front of the porch. I can not wait to have this project done. 

So we found at least 12 of these great stones!! 
These stones run $5.48 a piece. 
It would have cost us $ 65.76 plus tax to get the stones - 
but it cost us $0 thanks to the owners before us who had a walkway - they must not have realized how very big these bushes would get! 
So even though I did not buy anything for this best deal post - I save a good amount of money making it my best deal for the week!! 

I have a best deal for next week I will just need to get it all written up but that will have to wait - I have way too much to do around here. 

Hope you all are staying well. :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity