Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Hair today and Hair tomorrow


Well it is a good thing that I decided to let my hair grow out. I mean I really didn't have a choice when there is a lock down in place and most hairdressers not working. I say that because I know for a fact that some still did and made money under the table. Anyway I decided I need to have a hair style that takes less maintenance - there is no telling when we will be put on lock down again and then again I would have to go months without a hair cut and I would rather be ok with it. It has given me a lot of grieve - the only thing that helped me through it is accepting that I would need to try to change my hair style. 

Yesterday afternoon I heard a report that as of Friday hair salons will open up - that is the ones that want to. But sadly it seems that mine has decided that they want to stay closed longer - I mean who can blame them - they are getting unemployment - yes - my hairdresser said she had to jump through some hoops but she had already gotten her first check - and that was 2 weeks ago. So why should they be in a hurry to get back to work? Oh and not only did mine tell me she got check but another hair dresser I know also told me she started getting hers - and they will back date it so they will get plenty of money. The one I know from school (lost track of her for a few years) is starting to work again come Friday - but she is not taking new clients - wants to take care of her existing clients - I don't blame her. She has done such a great job at keeping her customers up to date on what is going one - I wish mine would do some more communicating with me. I am not holding my breath to hear from her this month at all. In fact, when I saw her 2 weeks ago - (taking her eggs) she hinted at maybe staying closed longer- I think the media's scare tactics got to her.... So there is no telling when she will start working again. So far I am handling my hair just fine. I sure hope that I am able to keep it looking nice through this transition. I would like to at least give something else an honest try. I may like it even better and see this as a blessing that came from this virus mess. 
So here I am over the last couple of weeks - I don't think I am this white - it is the light in the bathroom glaring on me. Anyway so far I am dealing with my hair just fine. I do think this transition would have been easier during the fall/winter months - but I am not giving up. 

I am so very glad that I came to a place of acceptance about my hair because had I not - this whole situation would have me stressed out. Instead I am just feeling thankful that I already had geared myself up to deal with this hair for the rest of this month. 

My husband has already set up an appointment to get his hair cut and his beard trimmed and groomed. He has waited 3 months or so since his last hair cut. I am happy he was able to get an appointment. Now to see how long it takes me to get one. I will let you know once I do. :O) 

How are you guys dealing with not being able to have your hair done? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar