Saturday, May 11, 2019

The Value of a Soul

As I was reading about the Lost Sheep and the Lost Coin- I came across this paragraph and thought it was well worth sharing here with you. 

The value of a soul, who can estimate? Would you know its worth, go to Gethsemane, and there watch with Christ through those hours of anguish, when He sweat as it were great drops of blood. Look upon the Saviour uplifted on the cross. Hear that despairing cry, “My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?” 
Mark 15:34. Look upon the wounded head, the pierced side, the marred feet. Remember that Christ risked all. For our redemption, heaven itself was imperiled. At the foot of the cross, remembering that for one sinner Christ would have laid down His life, you may estimate the value of a soul. COL196

Click on the COL196 above if you would like to check out the whole chapter- or the whole book- what every you would like. If you like digging deeper in the meaning behind the parables - this is the perfect book for you - it is called Christ Object Lessons. 



2 comments:

  1. According to Jesus, our soul is worth everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - He would have died to save even just one person! That is such an awesome thought that every single persons live is that important to Him. He seeks to save us all. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)