Thursday, May 9, 2019

Another Take on Psalm 23

Today I want to share a contemporary take on Psalm 23 ~ written by Todd Chobotar - found in a  little book Creation Health Devotional for living life to the fullest,  "Written to be read as a person prayer to God- and intimate conversation with the Good Shepherd." 

Psalm 23: A Prayer For Hurting and Hopeful Hearts

Lord, you are my Faithful Shepherd.
You meet all my deepest needs.

You guide my weary heart to safe pastures,
and lead me beside peaceful waters.
You offer rest for my restless soul.

For the sake of your good name
you put my feet on the road to righteousness.

But even if I walk down desolate pathways
of pain or sorrow, disease or death,
I won't be afraid.
For suffering has no victory
if you're with me.

Your presence is all the comfort
and courage I need.

You give me reasons to celebrate
in spite of my trials.
You bless me with unexpected joy.
My heart overflows.

Your love and grace follow me
all the days of my life.
I'm grateful and secure knowing
that you, my Faithful Shepherd,
Hold me in your arms
and will never let me go.
Not now. Not ever.

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories