Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Hello :O) And Healthy Tidbit Wednesday!

It's an overcast day with rain showers here and there throughout the day. I decided it would be a great day to make some bread. My banana nut breakfast bread - it is regular bread with banana's and walnuts and a bit of vanilla. I love it and it helps keep me on my healthy eating journey.

It's been a busy week - with an unexpected need to spend a few hours at a local hospital supporting a family member. Camp meeting is starting today - so some of the busyness has been a good busy. Working on keeping my yard mowed - with all of the rain we have been getting, keeping my garden weeded. We finally got the roof built on the other side of our chicken pin- which is what they are locked in at night and until I let them out in the morning. it is two dog runs connected up against a small building we built for their chicken coop. We had a nice tin roof built onto one of the dog runs - but needed to get the other one built. We had a tarp over the other side- and sadly couldn't keep the water from puddling and so we were having a lot of issues with mosquitoes - I am sure hoping now that we have that roof built that we can get rid of the mosquitoes. Plus it helps keep their little chicken pin area from getting as muddy when it rains - gives them some shelter from the rain. So thankful to have that job done! Slowly - very slowly marking jobs off of our long to do list.

I have had a lot of issues I have been working through lately. I will be sharing about one of them tomorrow- with a warning attached to it.

Anyway I hope you all are doing well :O)

By the way - During Camp meeting there are a couple of cooking classes/ health talks. I am hoping to get some great information that I can share with you all. And because it is Health Tidbit - Wednesday - I don't want to leave you hanging so here is our healthy tidbit for today:

What is the BEST source of Omega- 3?

Many may say - Fish - but according to some studies fish are not as good for us as they once were. Fish these days have higher contents of mercury - which is not good for us. And I am sorry I didn't get the source of the study - but there are some studies that have shown that when a lot of women are taking oral contraceptives - and then they pee-in the pee is come of the meds and that the fish are becoming sterile. Oh and on top of that then they said that the polar bears were not having as many cubs- because they eat a lot of fish - and are also suffering the effects of the contraceptives.

Anyway so with all of this in mind - fish is not the best source for omega-3 after all.

Flaxseeds is the best source with walnuts coming in a close second.

But how do you take flaxseed? First of all do NOT buy it ground up already. It goes rancid quickly and it starts losing its' effectiveness quickly once ground. So buy the seeds and best thing to do it is to grind it daily. But if you are not going to grind it daily - then once you grind some - put what you aren't going to eat that day - into a freezer bag and freeze it. I would even suggest putting it in snack sized bags - into a freezer bag so you can take out just what you need each day.

Flax seeds can be many ways- but my favorite ways are sprinkle it on my oatmeal and smoothies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)